Sunday, June 6, 2010

Baby Boomers and Their Pooches: Snapshots

            Pottery, jewelry, and paintings were the main attraction at Art on the Grand on Grand River in downtown Farmington Saturday.
            Business was good, and lots of folks strolled the booths with their four-legged friends.                       


Sligo was found, with his siblings, in a garbage can. The three-week-old puppies were thrown away. Alice Antoniotti of Farmington Hills adopted Sligo, and he has thrived under her care. Her other dog, Dublin, is a 12-year-old Brittany, who is losing his sight. Five-year-old Sligo’s ancestry is unknown, but Alice thinks he looks like a fox. The dogs were named for towns in Ireland.



Cinnamon and Renita

Renita Mayberry of Wixom took seven-month old Cinnamon, a Jack Russell Terrier, to Art on the Grand to get the puppy used to people. She adopted Cinnamon because “nobody wanted her, so I said I want her.” Renita says Cinnamon “peps” her up. “I feel young again.”














LiveStatue

LiveStatue fooled me. At first, I thought he was a new piece of sculpture in downtown Farmington. Then I saw him blink. LiveStatue is really Robert Shangle of Sparta. He is an award-winning performance artist. LiveStatue’s dog is an UnAlive prop.

1 comment:

  1. Hello! I believed I might send a fast remark considering that I've spent the better part of the previous 30 minutes scanning through your blog posts. I truly like your post and I do hope you keep on writing more great articles. Properly that is nearly all I have to say! Many thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to add a comment!